My blog is not dead.
- Been busy with all the MSA works. I’m not gonna elaborate on the works- they’re boring and tiresome.
- In between works, I have been thinking to organize an early election for the next term’s MSA committee. I also have been thinking of who will succeed. So far, a few names came to mind, but I can’t just handpick my own successor though (unless its stalemate). Early election is wise. Come September, the new committee takes office and less headache for me and everyone else.
- By 1st September 2009, when the new term starts, it’s fasting month of Ramadhan. Two weeks later, RAYA. Then, newbies come and I heard there’s gonna be a lot of them. There are gonna be cases of uninvited seniors, conflicts, tears etc, just like last year. Might as well let the President-elect handle the
- Not being an uberman or superhuman, I have my own share of failures. I did disappoint some people. Wait, is this a farewell speech?
- Nope, it’s not a farewell speech. It’s reality. The past MSA, the current MSA and the future MSA have to fail and disappoint some people. I’m not giving excuses, but for starters; we’re young and stupid. We are ignorant most of the time. We like short cuts. We are cheap. We like to enjoy. We have no wisdom.
- Secondly, the troublemakers; Rectorate and Malaysian government. They have the powers, tho.
- Thirdly, it pains me to admit; the committee members and students themselves cannot cooperate. This happens to most student bodies of the world.
- It’s a big responsibility with a lot of hoops to jump through, but a sweet and worthy experience. Doing a volunteer job to help our peers feels great. But I have to warn, you’ll sacrifice a lot of study time, resting time, sleeping time, dinner time, hangout time and more than 2000 roubles for calls and sms to embassy, deanery, interuniversity games host (in my case – Volgograd), the Malaysian government, and your beloved committee members. Thinking back, I think I should claim🙂
- I have a few loose ends to tie up before my term of office ends (31st August 2009 – I don’t think I’d like to work during summer holidays ngenge). I just pray everything with Volgogames go well and I wish the Nizhniy contingent best of luck.
- For the time being, please start thinking of some names. I’ll discuss with committee about the election after Volgogames.